Trump plans to again skip the White House Correspondents' Dinner

- April 06, 2018

President Donald Trump will not participate in this year’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner, and press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders will represent the administration at the head table, White House Correspondents’ Association President Margaret Talev said in a statement on Friday.

"The White House has informed us that the president does not plan to participate in this year's dinner but that he will actively encourage members of the executive branch to attend and join us as we celebrate the First Amendment,” Talev said.

The dinner is scheduled for April 28. Trump, who was roasted by former President Barack Obama at the 2011 dinner, also skipped the event last year.


 

Start typing and press Enter to search